Wednesday 31 July 2013

Introduction

Very soon i'll be heading out to China for the first leg of an epic year-long trip around the world. I'll be backpacking with my brother Simon, my two sisters Gemma and Collette, and lastly Gemma's boyfriend and good family friend, Tom. We'll also be joined in Vietnam by another good friend, Jade, venturing with us for just under three months. I'm Dan, 26, from Southampton England. As a photography enthusiast who dreams of travel, experiencing different cultures, meeting new people and trying new things, I really can't explain how excited and privileged I feel to be going on this great adventure...especially after a three year countdown!!

Our rough plan at the moment is to work our way down from China to Indonesia, visiting Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand & Malaysia en route. That will take us up to mid-December, when we'll fly out to Sydney for the Christmas & New Year celebrations. After travelling the East Coast of Australia as well as visiting Uluru and perhaps some of the West Coast, we'd like to fit in a few weeks in New Zealand and the USA before returning home.

I'll be updating this blog with all of our experiences, and my photo's as regularly as possible. It's now only 19 days to go until take off so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment